Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

I went to the T-Mobile Store for some testing & saw that they use Band 4 for LTE tested on an S4 & saw speeds at 55.22 MPS download & 43.44 Uploads sure wish Sprint will hurry up & get those types of speeds quick

Sounds like a 20x20 carrier is active there.

Sounds like a 20x20 carrier is active there.

They have had those speeds since LTE Launched here in Bakersfield yet don't seem to be slowing down on speeds does anyone know if Sprint Spark beat those speeds when launched in April when I went to LA I got close to those just not with downloads speeds like that

Looks like their strongest coverage and speeds are in each others weakest areas

T-Mobile's signal here in Fresno is very spotty for LTE (as is Sprint's so far). Not sure if it is more stable elsewhere but it's great and then horiible a block apart. (and admittedly so is Sprint).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only tower left thats not 4G or 800 is the one closest to my moms house :( (the Nextel megatower in Clovis)

Man, that's the story of my life. I always seem last. I almost died when AT&T upgraded my home site first when deploying in my area. Seemed like it was the first time in my life I was first for anything.

But then again, I didn't care if I had LTE at home. I preferred it where I go. Like my office. So maybe the curse continues after all? :)

Man, that's the story of my life. I always seem last. I almost died when AT&T upgraded my home site first when deploying in my area. Seemed like it was the first time in my life I was first for anything.

But then again, I didn't care if I had LTE at home. I preferred it where I go. Like my office. So maybe the curse continues after all? :)

In the case of her home, LTE isnt so much an issue, but the spotty cell service is. Lots of dropped calls and even failed texts, that 800 would address (or even a change in antenna position, the tower is close by). She left for Verizon, as she was missing important work calls, but Ill find out during Christmas if the 3G NV improved the call signal inside the home, or if the kitchen and bathroom are still roaming land.

No more Sprint for this guy. I'll still keep an eye on the 8t8r deployment, though.

You've done a lot for your market. I appreciate all your contributions. Best of luck with your new provider. Hope to see you around in the future.
  • Like 2

No more Sprint for this guy. I'll still keep an eye on the 8t8r deployment, though.

I'm sorry to find out you left Sprint. But I can't blame you for all the problems that have been occurring in the LCV with the upgrades.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It's tough in this market because it is either really good or really bad.  There is really no middle ground.

My biggest (personal) complaint is why they would have LTE in towns of 12,000 and 7,000 (Mendota and Firebaugh) but not have it for a town of 17,000.  Kerman is a blackhole with all the other neighboring towns with LTE.  It makes no sense.  Oh and the backhaul/hub provider is 2' away so that cannot be an excuse.

It's tough in this market because it is either really good or really bad.  There is really no middle ground.

My biggest (personal) complaint is why they would have LTE in towns of 12,000 and 7,000 (Mendota and Firebaugh) but not have it for a town of 17,000.  Kerman is a blackhole with all the other neighboring towns with LTE.  It makes no sense.  Oh and the backhaul/hub provider is 2' away so that cannot be an excuse.

Permits, lack of integration techs, bad carrier cards, or someone forgot to place the order for the LTE carrier card, stolen copper, fiber, etc.

I can guarantee you that Sebastian is not providing the backhaul for that site.

They actually did. Sprint 3 months back put a microwave dish on the tower so i am not sure if they still do but it wouldnt make much sense if they didnt provide the bulk of the backhaul since it is their tower. Sebastian would actually be dumb to not have that in the lease agreement.