Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Newbie here from Kingsburg.  Switched over from Verizon about 30 days ago.

We have LTE in Kingsburg but it fluctuate significantly from a .30 to 4.33 mbps while standing in the same spot.  Last Tuesday, i was hitting close to 17 mbps for a couple of hours and then following day went back and has been the same since.

Just wondering if there's anything that can be down and truly don't get why I can't get that 17 mbps consistent.

There is only 5x5 B25 in your area.  Soon as Sprint adds the 5x5 B26 and 20 Mhz of B41 in the area you will be stuck with the single congested 5x5 B25.

If you have a Spark phone, once B26 and B41 are available, you're looking up to 50Mbps+ speeds on B41 and up to 37Mbps on B26.

You can learn more about Network Vision and all the bands currently being deployed by Sprint.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

There is only 5x5 B25 in your area. Soon as Sprint adds the 5x5 B26 and 20 Mhz of B41 in the area you will be stuck with the single congested 5x5 B25.

If you have a Spark phone, once B26 and B41 are available, you're looking up to 50Mbps+ speeds on B41 and up to 37Mbps on B26.

You can learn more about Network Vision and all the bands currently being deployed by Sprint.

According to his profile, he has the S4T, so yes, triband.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Anyone know why the download speeds when LTE shows up for a few mins are under .50 but the upload ranges anywhere from 2-5? seems to be happening on all the speed test apps except for sensorly.

The 5MHz download channel is overloaded.

There is only 5x5 B25 in your area.  Soon as Sprint adds the 5x5 B26 and 20 Mhz of B41 in the area you will be stuck with the single congested 5x5 B25.

I guess the million dollar question will "how soon" for sprint to add the other 2 bands but i know the answer will be a couple of years since there' still working on getting LTE up and running in all of Fresno.

I guess the million dollar question will "how soon" for sprint to add the other 2 bands but i know the answer will be a couple of years since there' still working on getting LTE up and running in all of Fresno.

Band 26 is already equipped during the NV overhaul.  It is getting someone out to put in a carrier card and firing it up.  For Band 41, simply installing the antenna.

Speaking of Fresno, Band 25/26 equipment is already in place and just need someone to integrate and fire up the LTE side of it.  50% of the city is already covered with LTE.   We are probably looking at weeks or months instead of "couple years" moving forward.

Band 26 is already equipped during the NV overhaul.  It is getting someone out to put in a carrier card and firing it up.  For Band 41, simply installing the antenna.

Speaking of Fresno, Band 25/26 equipment is already in place and just need someone to integrate and fire up the LTE side of it.  50% of the city is already covered with LTE.   We are probably looking at weeks or months instead of "couple years" moving forward.

that's good to hear.  At the last Fresno State football game, i notice antennas all around the perimeter of the stadium and the network speed was awesome.   

Edited by augmont

thats prob the reason but what i dont get is why speedtest shows my speeds as .4 download but the sensorly app shows downloads of 8.0 download plus im able to stream videos from amazon prime

It also doesn't help that commercial fiber lines were damaged a few days ago which is affecting data speeds all across California.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thats prob the reason but what i dont get is why speedtest shows my speeds as .4 download but the sensorly app shows downloads of 8.0 download plus im able to stream videos from amazon prime

Then your route to the speedtest server was slowed down.  The faster speed result is accurate.

not sure what you're stating.....enlighten me.

He means that since you rely solely on mobile data rather than having in-home internet, you are contributing to the overloading of the network. And yes, I see that you say you are out of range. You'll just have to hope that Sprint brings additional carriers online soon.

He means that since you rely solely on mobile data rather than having in-home internet, you are contributing to the overloading of the network. And yes, I see that you say you are out of range. You'll just have to hope that Sprint brings additional carriers online soon.

I somewhat knew what he meant but i had to ask if it was something else.  It's that darn rural america that I'm part of that's ruining it for everyone else.  

Single 5x5 mhz carrier will never get a consistent 17 Mbps. Most optimistically will be 2-6 average.

It also doesn't help that commercial fiber lines were damaged a few days ago which is affecting data speeds all across California.

Wait how & when did lines get damaged? & where did it start in CA?

Wait how & when did lines get damaged? & where did it start in CA?

Let's just say there's a lot of smart people in the world that ignores markers that says call '' company name here '' before digging.

I somewhat knew what he meant but i had to ask if it was something else. It's that darn rural america that I'm part of that's ruining it for everyone else.

get a 100% FREE Airvana from Sprint call this # get one just let them know your speeds & that your signal strength is weak they will help here is their back door # 866 556 7310

get a 100% FREE Airvana from Sprint call this # get one just let them know your speeds & that your signal strength is weak they will help here is their back door # 866 556 7310

Need an internet connection for that.... The person you quoted doesn't have that option.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Need an internet connection for that.... The person you quoted doesn't have that option.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's correct.  I called tech support 2 weeks ago and told me the same thing.  Plus the said it only works on 3g & voice and not LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think a black hole would open up if you plugged it into a bridged Sprint connection.

Contributing to your own problem, I see.

I dont see how becoming a customer of the only company that provides service in your area is considered a problem.

Do you expect him to use 56k in 2014?

Sprint provides the service because they want the customers....that's how it works.

Still nothing going with the Farmersville/Exeter getting LTE?

LTE should be coming soon to the area. They are now filling in the sites around the cities they have already launched. Just keep watching. Remember, Christmas is only 2 months away.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk