Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

It's kinda funny if you think about it. The old site was a puny little site in a residential neighborhood that hardly cast a signal over the roof lines. Looked temporary. It's replacement is an old idea site that is a massive boomer.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Yup, old one was a tiny pole, and it's a house now.

When I went to find it a few months ago, I kept looking at my phone trying to figure out if I was in the right place. The house was already occupied. The damn houses pop up like weeds.

Oddly enough, even though the "new" tower is closer to my moms house, she gets worse reception. When they did the move, the kitchen and living room suddenly became a roaming area...

Hopefully 3G accepted means they optimized the antennas. Getting to 800 is really whats needed, so that will be nice too.

Yup, old one was a tiny pole, and it's a house now.

When I went to find it a few months ago, I kept looking at my phone trying to figure out if I was in the right place. The house was already occupied. The damn houses pop up like weeds.

Oddly enough, even though the "new" tower is closer to my moms house, she gets worse reception. When they did the move, the kitchen and living room suddenly became a roaming area...

Hopefully 3G accepted means they optimized the antennas. Getting to 800 is really whats needed, so that will be nice too.

Remember the closer you are to the Tower the worst everything gets because of the Umbrella effect you can be standing right under the tower & wont Great speeds its just how it works just hope everything works in your favor soon 

Remember the closer you are to the Tower the worst everything gets because of the Umbrella effect you can be standing right under the tower & wont Great speeds its just how it works just hope everything works in your favor soon

Not only does it shoot over your head, but you get interference from multiple sectors from the same site. That reduces performance greatly.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Here's a tip, went to the fair today.

LTE was great when we got there but by about 1:00 PM it would do nothing, speedtest were all just network communication errors, even though it was showing a strong 4g signal, just way too many people. Put my phone in CDMA (3g) only mode and was getting close to 1 mbs download speed which is at least usable. I will need to remember that in high crowd situations in the future (probably should have tried that at Disneyland last week). The 3g was at least fast enough to be able to upload the photos I was trying to send.(It was really packed at the fair today when we left by 4:00!). 

Sidenote to my last post, they had brought in several portable towers for this event which I thought would have kept up with the damand but apparently not). The 3g was really quite good though, not sure what gear all those towers were running though, maybe it was the old gear they had just taken down from around town? (LOL!). 

Here's a tip, went to the fair today.

LTE was great when we got there but by about 1:00 PM it would do nothing, speedtest were all just network communication errors, even though it was showing a strong 4g signal, just way too many people. Put my phone in CDMA (3g) only mode and was getting close to 1 mbs download speed which is at least usable. I will need to remember that in high crowd situations in the future (probably should have tried that at Disneyland last week). The 3g was at least fast enough to be able to upload the photos I was trying to send.(It was really packed at the fair today when we left by 4:00!).

I was supposed to be at that fair, but for $1000 for a vendor booth and torturing ourselves for 13 days, it's just not worth it one bit.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I was supposed to be at that fair, but for $1000 for a vendor booth and torturing ourselves for 13 days, it's just not worth it one bit.

We did that one time filling in from the store I work at for another local store that had to give up their booth for the last few days. It's just way too much work so I will say Congrats (though we did rake in some serious cash) we were short stafffed at the fair and at the store and the Fair runs 'til way late in the night adding several work hours to the day! The fair is a fun diversion to attend but working it just plain sucks! 

Well, for a week or so most of Clovis was pretty decent. Now, everything seems to have slowed down or become so congested that I'm lucky if my LTE speeds are any better than my old 3g speeds. Crazy. Dunno what's up, but I'll be glad when it's back to how it was.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Newbie here from Kingsburg.  Switched over from Verizon about 30 days ago.

We have LTE in Kingsburg but it fluctuate significantly from a .30 to 4.33 mbps while standing in the same spot.  Last Tuesday, i was hitting close to 17 mbps for a couple of hours and then following day went back and has been the same since.

Just wondering if there's anything that can be down and truly don't get why I can't get that 17 mbps consistent.

Newbie here from Kingsburg. Switched over from Verizon about 30 days ago.

We have LTE in Kingsburg but it fluctuate significantly from a .30 to 4.33 mbps while standing in the same spot. Last Tuesday, i was hitting close to 17 mbps for a couple of hours and then following day went back and has been the same since.

Just wondering if there's anything that can be down and truly don't get why I can't get that 17 mbps consistent.

Single 5x5 mhz carrier will never get a consistent 17 Mbps. Most optimistically will be 2-6 average.

It also doesn't help that commercial fiber lines were damaged a few days ago which is affecting data speeds all across California.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Newbie here from Kingsburg.  Switched over from Verizon about 30 days ago.

We have LTE in Kingsburg but it fluctuate significantly from a .30 to 4.33 mbps while standing in the same spot.  Last Tuesday, i was hitting close to 17 mbps for a couple of hours and then following day went back and has been the same since.

Hopefully you had a good reason to switch from VZW.

Single 5x5 mhz carrier will never get a consistent 17 Mbps. Most optimistically will be 2-6 average.

It also doesn't help that commercial fiber lines were damaged a few days ago which is affecting data speeds all across California.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got a news article about that? I hadn't heard about it.