Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

I have done some new mapping the last couple days in Robinson, Moon and Sewickley. There appears to be some new coverage. The speed test attached is from inside Sewickley hospital 4th floor.

Edited by sammad

I have done some new mapping the last couple days in Robinson, Moon and Sewickley. There appears to be some new coverage. The speed test attached is from inside Sewickley hospital 4th floor.

post-12649-0-21927000-1366394147_thumb.jpg

nice speeds...i was freaking out with i saw sum cover for the pittsburgh area!!!!...my LG LTE phone should be here tomorrow ill be sure to drive around to see if i can pick up LTE anywhere (fingers cross)

What is with some of the small pockets of LTE like 279 and cemetery lane no LTE around just in that one small spot also out in munhall is another small pocket I think it is to far from moon to be reflected off of a building

It's 420 somewhere

What is with some of the small pockets of LTE like 279 and cemetery lane no LTE around just in that one small spot also out in munhall is another small pocket I think it is to far from moon to be reflected off of a building

It's 420 somewhere

I'd assume testing, was caputure briefly where you see the dot and is now blocked.

I'd assume testing, was caputure briefly where you see the dot and is now blocked.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

That is what I was thinking but many of the small spots are still active

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

That is what I was thinking but many of the small spots are still active

Remember that sensorly app only displays when someone's actual phone picks up signal. There is usually more signal there, but because of PRL's that aren't updated and other factors like the phone might think that since it has a strong 3G signal, it is better than 1 random bar of LTE. (which is true in most cases) Also, remember they are still working on things, it might not even be that it is blocked. They might power a sector on to make sure the equipment is working, but then if its not connected to proper backhaul or they are not done installing everything, they might wait until everything is done to finally turn it on. Patience is a virtue, and we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, so we all need to map our areas and wait until the official announcement of LTE live.

Can someone tell me if the tower at rt51 and rt 88 are Sprint last week saw a verizon truck(local phone co) running new lines from the street and today it had new racks ano people on the tower

It's 420 somewhere

I have been driving back and forth from Monaca, PA to Robinson mapping the areas along Route 51 and 376 South. I also have been working on base at the 911th and getting great speeds from 4G there. I am really loving the fact that I can use something I've only had a taste of while traveling outside of Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

Good to see sensorly mapping correctly again. It pulled in some new areas I mapped around Robinson/Moon and Imperial. I also see new areas other members have mapped as well.

I caught a blip of LTE on the 228 Franklin road intersection!! I only had 1 bar for about 3-4 seconds but hey, it's a start! I cannot however map this on sensorly because I have an iPhone, but I will let everyone know when I get a solid signal.

I caught a blip of LTE on the 228 Franklin road intersection!! I only had 1 bar for about 3-4 seconds but hey, it's a start! I cannot however map this on sensorly because I have an iPhone, but I will let everyone know when I get a solid signal.

now that is good news i live down franklin rd get nuthing at my house and have to use an airrave hope that nv helps me out at home

Just wanted to chime in on the other end, Latrobe, Pa and surrounding areas are seeing sporadic 4G now. EHRPD is everywhere and I am mapping daily with Sensorly! Ive seen it in the city of latrobe and derry area.

Just wanted to chime in on the other end, Latrobe, Pa and surrounding areas are seeing sporadic 4G now. EHRPD is everywhere and I am mapping daily with Sensorly! Ive seen it in the city of latrobe and derry area.
that's good to know it seems like Pittsburgh market is being worked on from the outside in

It's 420 somewhere

Just curious, anyone experiencing an outage with their 4g lte? I'm in Moon today and haven't connected. Several reboots and toggle airplane mode to no eval. Perhaps testing is going on?