Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

This is great news! But why wouldn't Sprint announce it? I'm sure people have left Sprint because of the absence of an LTE implementation schedule in Pittsburgh? I, for one, considered going back to Verizon in May when my contract is up because of it.

Because there is not enough coverage to cover the whole city and Sprint has just started work in the market so each week more and more sites will be coming online. If Sprint where to say Pittsburgh had LTE now people would complain that theres not enough coverage, so Sprint, once accepted will leave the site on for people to use it instead of waiting a couple of months to launch the whole market.

There isn't even a date for Pittsburgh. If LTE construction has started, there must be a targeted completion date. http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/ lists the markets and what round they are in for every major city in the US except Pittsburgh (and Denver). The % completion and estimated completion dates for the markets on this page are periodically updated. Pittsburgh is not even on the horizon!

pittsburgh never got stated by sprint so it wont be on the running list

get it mapped im kinda geeked over this lol

Thanks guys. Hopefully this keeps building. Would love to see wider coverage.

I can confirm that I did find an LTE signal in Butler, PA using the signal check lite app. LTE was showing up at -120dBm so it was too low of a signal to connect. My phone has been acting weird all day. At times I would not get any service. Then it would only connect to EVDO and then eHRPD. When I got home today I noticed when I turned my phone screen on that the 4G symbol was there but no bars and then it went back to eHRPD. I will try to map it tomorrow if I can pick it up. I will also get some screenshots to prove my findings.

• Like 1

For anyone that knows where butler is and wants specifics, I found the LTE signal on Route 8 between the Unionville fire department and the pioneer drive in
<br /><br />Good luck hope you get some soon by the way is that by goat ropers Edited by evo bryan

4g still in and out Moon twp. I was able to find a few more spots in Moon that I mapped via Sensorly. Download has been between 3-5 with upload between 2-3 mb. Makes me wonder why they lit up Moon township before downtown Pittsburgh. I'm not complaining, I work in Moon. Its just wimax was not existent in Moon. Perhaps the proximity of the airport was a deciding factor. I also noticed Sewickley is mapped now.

4g still in and out Moon twp. I was able to find a few more spots in Moon that I mapped via Sensorly. Download has been between 3-5 with upload between 2-3 mb. Makes me wonder why they lit up Moon township before downtown Pittsburgh. I'm not complaining, I work in Moon. Its just wimax was not existent in Moon. Perhaps the proximity of the airport was a deciding factor. I also noticed Sewickley is mapped now.

There is no correlation between WiMAX and LTE. They each use completely seperate infrastructure.

There is no correlation between WiMAX and LTE. They each use completely seperate infrastructure.

it is going with sprints history of getting outside city's done first in the city you have many more sites to do

It's 420 somewhere

I wasn't saying there was a correlation. Just happy cause wimax in the outskirts of pittsburgh stunk

Just moved to Sewickley, spotted LTE at my address, on android I know I could track my coverage via sensorly but how do I do this with the iPhone? Usually sitting at -105 with peaks of 13m down and 9m up. If nothing else I can post a screen shot of speediest.

Just moved to Sewickley, spotted LTE at my address, on android I know I could track my coverage via sensorly but how do I do this with the iPhone? Usually sitting at -105 with peaks of 13m down and 9m up. If nothing else I can post a screen shot of speediest.

Not 100% sure on IOS, but once sensorly app was installed it was suggested that with GPS on I needed to do was select "Map Trip". So far it has been mapping properly.

Edited by sammad

Iphones cannot and apple will not let you map on sensorly. It is just what it is with the locked down ecosystem that apple has.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see that after a year of this topic being started that were starting to finally see some LTE coverage. I can't wait until sprint starts the build out of the eastern suburbs.

I think sprint blocked any users in Butler from connecting to LTE. I went to the sprint store, and well courtesy of a few freinds of mine that worked there, i downloaded the signal check lite app on the Galaxy S III, and the Viper 4GLTE. Both phones at first didnt pick up anything until after i turned airplane mode on and off. After that both devices showed a LTE signal on the app, but neither of them would actually connect to it. Ever since then, i havent found a LTE signal anymore in butler. Maybe testing?

I think sprint blocked any users in Butler from connecting to LTE. I went to the sprint store, and well courtesy of a few freinds of mine that worked there, i downloaded the signal check lite app on the Galaxy S III, and the Viper 4GLTE. Both phones at first didnt pick up anything until after i turned airplane mode on and off. After that both devices showed a LTE signal on the app, but neither of them would actually connect to it. Ever since then, i havent found a LTE signal anymore in butler. Maybe testing?

I've seen this in the Philly market as well. It will show LTE for an instant then drop back to 3G. Blocked for the time being.

I've seen this in the Philly market as well. It will show LTE for an instant then drop back to 3G. Blocked for the time being.

Can be annoying at times. Especially when you have sensorly mapping a trip, anticipating it to map a new area with LTE, then nothing. lol. Good thing is my 3G speeds are improving as well.