If anyone here is in the Houston Texas area, are you or have u gotten any 4g lte connections around town and if so where about?

If not, does anyone have any info as to when lte will go live in the city

If anyone here is in the Houston Texas area, are you or have u gotten any 4g lte connections around town and if so where about?

If not, does anyone have any info as to when lte will go live in the city

There are 54 live LTE sites in the Houston Sprint market. However, Sprint is actively blocking connections to the LTE network at the moment. I have seen a couple of reports where people have been able to connect around Houston, but then they get blocked after a couple of days.

It is unknown when Sprint will stop blocking LTE connections. Since there will be a couple of market launches in June, you think they will have to stop blocking around that time.

Robert

There are 54 live LTE sites in the Houston Sprint market. However, Sprint is actively blocking connections to the LTE network at the moment. I have seen a couple of reports where people have been able to connect around Houston, but then they get blocked after a couple of days.

It is unknown when Sprint will stop blocking LTE connections. Since there will be a couple of market launches in June, you think they will have to stop blocking around that time.

Robert

Yeah there were 2 locations ( near midtown and near university of Houston ) that was able to connect to when I was in those locations and then after about 2 weeks, I was no longer able to connect to em. I was just wondering when they'd stop blocking them

Oh and thanks for the info. I just made a donation as well and will definitely be making more donations as tim goes on. Awesome site, jeep up the good work you do for us sprint users!

• Like 1

Robert

Just for reference sake, how many sites are there total in the Houston market? I want to get an idea of what percentage of towers have been completed.

I am heading there on Thursday and hope to get a LTE signal to do a few speed tests and maybe even stream some Netfilx or Hulu

I just got back from a trip in Houston, Texas. During this trip I noticed amazing signal almost every where I went. I usually had 4-5 bars on my Galaxy Nexus inside buildings and outside which is pretty good. Speeds usually were about .5-.7 Mbps on 3G. Sadly I was unable to connect to 4G LTE during my trip even though I was near several sites that are reported as on according to the interactive maps. Dumb Sprint blocking us early adapters from using LTE. In late June and early July I am heading to Chicago and will due a similar report after getting back home.

Thanks for the update. Disappointed about the ongoing blocking.,

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Thanks for the update. Disappointed about the ongoing blocking.,

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

that is great news but robert i thought that 3g was only able to pull down 630 kps-3 mps down on 3g

Edited by lequonrobinson

that is great news but robert i thought that 3g was only able to pull down 630 kps-3 mps down on 3g

It maxes out at 2.6Mbps in real world conditions. Did someone say it was higher than that?

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Sorry jackrage. This is not an appropriate forum for that.

• Like 1

Sorry Jackrage. This is meant to be a forum for info that is run by some smart people. There is no room on this forum for you to be complaining. Please take it somewhere else. And as the owner said before, this is hard to read. Goodbye.

It maxes out at 2.6Mbps in real world conditions. Did someone say it was higher than that?

Abyss19707 the person who started this forum she/he said he got 5-7 mbps down on 3g so thats why i asked that question

Edited by lequonrobinson

Abyss19707 the person who started this forum she/he said he got 5-7 mbps down on 3g so thats why i asked that question

The person said .5-.7mbps not 5-7.....

Hey all, Im new here, how can I view the interactive maps? it asks for my password, I put it in, and it gives me an error lol. I live in Houston and Im wondering when we're gonna get 4g as well....

Hey all, Im new here, how can I view the interactive maps? it asks for my password, I put it in, and it gives me an error lol. I live in Houston and Im wondering when we're gonna get 4g as well....

You need to donate to become a sponsor and get access to that forum. Any donation gets you access for 6 months, donations totaling $100 gets you permanent access and Premier status :)

• Like 1

somebody always got to be an odd ball does it really matter it is both the same thing

somebody always got to be an odd ball does it really matter it is both the same thing

What in tarnation are you talking about???

AJ

First of all, this forum is not that type of forum that allows name calling so I'm reporting you.

Second a simple internet search or basic knowledge of data speed knows that the difference is huge.

First of all, this forum is not that type of forum that allows name calling so I'm reporting you.

Second a simple internet search or basic knowledge of data speed knows that the difference is huge.

alrite just know that i dont care and i just came to know about my market and the upgrades to it

Ok, let's get back on topic here. Name calling and bickering are not in the spirit of this community.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

.5Mbps is not the same as 5Mbps. .5 is half of one Mbps, or 500kbps. So the member is not odd, but actually accurate.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

.5Mbps is not the same as 5Mbps. .5 is half of one Mbps, or 500kbps. So the member is not odd, but actually accurate.

ok im sorry for calling that member an odd ball but im not that good with figuring out mbps but i didnt need he/she to be braging about it telling me i got it wrong we all make mistakes

ok im sorry for calling that member an odd ball but im not that good with figuring out mbps but i didnt need he/she to be braging about it telling me i got it wrong we all make mistakes

That was bragging? Hmm. I took it as clarification so that the people who come here looking for information don't get confused.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2