Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Placed my preorder this morning. 32GB in Pebble Blue. Part of me is afraid that if there are delays, it might be only a certain size or certain color. But I've rolled the dice. My thinking is that 32GB will be less popular and maybe they will have less trouble with the preorders.

There was no mention of delivery date, shipping info or launch date in the order pages.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Nice, that was my thinking also Robert. The 32GB being less popular. Ahh, to be able to upgrade now. I guess having to wait a month after it releases will hopefully ensure it will be readily available when the time comes. But thats the exact trim I would be going for!

• Like 1

Nice, that was my thinking also Robert. The 32GB being less popular. Ahh, to be able to upgrade now. I guess having to wait a month after it releases will hopefully ensure it will be readily available when the time comes. But thats the exact trim I would be going for!

I ordered the 16GB pebble blue S3 first thing this morning so hopefully I get it with no problems. I will be going to the Samsung event in Boston on Tuesday hopefully I will get so good pics from my Epic 4g.

• Like 2

instead of buying a viper off contract with my bonus money, ill probably just get this down the road or a different device if its decent and has a good radio (im stuck in the basement until i find another place to move)

Verizon's pre-order page claims to be shipping them in July. July 9th to be exact. Hopefully Sprint beats them out of the gate.

They must have built in the anticipated Apple caused delay. :(

Robert

• Like 1

Robert

Maybe Samsung will be smart and hire some druglords to sneak the devices through without customs inspections...

• Like 1

Verizon's pre-order page claims to be shipping them in July. July 9th to be exact. Hopefully Sprint beats them out of the gate.

Robert

That and they're (rumored to be) releasing the new HTC Incredible on the 21st.. unless crApple blocks it, too.

http://phandroid.com...3-a-week-later/

Ordered my SIII (32GB blue) a few minutes ago, as an (early, see my thread on the topic) upgrade. Didn't get the e-mail Robert did, but did get an upgrade confirmation email with the phone purchase info etc.

One thing I'm curious about is whether the phone will come with a 32GB microSDHC card preinstalled, for a whopping 64GB of total storage. The phone description page seems to indicate this...and then you see a 32GB card being hawked (for a disgustingly expensive $99.99) on the accessory purchase page.

Speaking of which, I didn't buy any accessories. I've got plenty of stuff that runs on microUSB, and I like my cheapie Skullcandy wired stereo headset more than, say, some Bluetool product.

• Like 1

Just preordered via best buy online... 50 gift card (after registering my line earlier this year) , used 10 rewards zone coupon, paid for overnight shipping. Just hoping they ship by the 22nd... ill be tortured with work that entire week so $5 to expedite is worth far more than squaring off with the jerktards at my local best buy

• Like 1

I received a similar "out of stock/preorder" email to what Robert got yesterday. Just another data point. I didn't pay for expedited shipping...interestingly, when I bought my Mogul way back in 2007, Sprint shipped it overnight.

• Like 1

I received a similar "out of stock/preorder" email to what Robert got yesterday. Just another data point. I didn't pay for expedited shipping...interestingly, when I bought my Mogul way back in 2007, Sprint shipped it overnight.

I also got my EVO LTE overnight.

Robert

I too received that email. I read that to be an automated (24 hours later) update to say that the phone was not being immediately shipped, but would be arriving at some time later. It went on to say that the release date was the 21st of June and that they'd try their best to get it to me before that time.

(ps: long time lurker, first time poster, hi there)

Edited by kayakyakr
  • Like 3

I too received that email. I read that to be an automated (24 hours later) update to say that the phone was not being immediately shipped, but would be arriving at some time later. It went on to say that the release date was the 21st of June and that they'd try their best to get it to me before that time.

(ps: long time lurker, first time poster, hi there)

Welcome to the posting side of S4GRU!

• Like 1

too bad the 64gb version won't be out until late in the year. then again you can hit up the Sandisk Amazon 75% off sale $59.99 for a 64gb microsdxc! works in my sgs2 so it should work in the 3 (too bad I bought my cards from frys over a week and a half ago)

• Like 1

I won't miss the lack of a 64GB phone. 32GB + a 64GB microSDXC is plenty...if I need more storage, there's always the 48GB of Dropbox storage that comes with the phone, plus my 25GB on Google Drive. I count cloud services in here because, with LTE, accessing them will be fast enough that not being on-device really won't matter much.

Oh, and 96GB is WAY bigger than the highest-capacity iPhone, which would be nearly $100 more than the card + GSIII combo.

I won't miss the lack of a 64GB phone. 32GB + a 64GB microSDXC is plenty...if I need more storage, there's always the 48GB of Dropbox storage that comes with the phone, plus my 25GB on Google Drive. I count cloud services in here because, with LTE, accessing them will be fast enough that not being on-device really won't matter much.

Oh, and 96GB is WAY bigger than the highest-capacity iPhone, which would be nearly $100 more than the card + GSIII combo.

I can certainly agree, however I wish there was an easy way to fix the partition sizes on the internal memory. the system app partition has always been abysmally low, especially if you have a lot of apps. for some reason ICS will not let you move to an SD card or even Internal (USB STORAGE) partition.

I have 48GB of online cloud storage between all of my accounts (drive, box, dropbox, sugarsync, etc.) and have over 14,000 songs stored in Google Music. Local storage seems not to be much of an issue anymore with the cloud readily available (albeit I do not see very good 3G speeds (and no 4g) in my area as of now which can make cloud access tedious if I am on the road. If Google Maps ends up allowing their local map cache data to be stored on secondary internal SD cards that would help to justify the large amount of local storage or locally cached data in my particular situation. I am trying to future proof and have a 64gb card in my asus tf300 as well. It's much more portable than my laptop and can do just about anything I need at the moment (coupled with wifi tether through my phone, i am rarely without a signal, but again, not always the best)

Random thought..... but I shake my head at the best buy preorder confirmation I got. It said "expected delivery date: june 11-12". Oh really best buy? Ya know something sprint doesnt?

Oh well! Our wimax protection site went down this week... bring on that sweet svdo and gorgeous screen.

• Like 1

Random thought..... but I shake my head at the best buy preorder confirmation I got. It said "expected delivery date: june 11-12". Oh really best buy? Ya know something sprint doesnt?

Oh well! Our wimax protection site went down this week... bring on that sweet svdo and gorgeous screen.

Someone on the sprint forum said that a rep told him the 12th but it was assumed maybe the rep made a mistake. This is interesting because the event is going to be held on the 12th. Maybe this is a way to beat Apple to the lawsuit by getting the phones in through customs a week earlier than thought.

Someone on the sprint forum said that a rep told him the 12th but it was assumed maybe the rep made a mistake. This is interesting because the event is going to be held on the 12th. Maybe this is a way to beat Apple to the lawsuit by getting the phones in through customs a week earlier than thought.

Id bet against that.... but it would be slick

Choices, choices. I don't know which to get. I have S Voice working on my S2's but this old Evo and 3vo are getting long in the tooth. Hell, I might just have to buy one of each now and get the next best thing come this fall