Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

And just like that, Samsung has ended a lot of speculation surrounding the U.S. release of the Samsung Galaxy S III. Arriving at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular this month the Samsung Galaxy S III will have a starting price of $199 though exact pricing and release dates are still forthcoming for each.

When it comes to specs, Samsung took the time to highlight the fact the U.S. versions will be getting the S4 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 2GB of internal RAM, which is exactly the same as the Japanese and Canadian releases of the device. In other words, as speculated, the device will have the same iconic look across the board, which even Samsung has noted as being an industry first. For those of you waiting, the wait is almost over now. Jump below for the full press release.

Samsung Galaxy S III Coming To Five Major Carriers Beginning in June

In an industry first, Samsung delivers the same iconic smartphone design and premium content sharing experience with customized AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular services starting from $199

DALLAS – June 4, 2012 – U.S. consumers on five major service providers will now be able to own the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S® III. Galaxy S III, optimized for peak performance on the nation’s fastest 4G LTE and HSPA+ 42 networks, will be launching with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular starting in June. Exact pricing and retail availability will be announced by each of the five carriers in the coming weeks.

“The U.S. launch of the Galaxy S III is the most anticipated launch of the year. As promised, we are delivering the ‘next big thing’ for U.S. customers and across all major carriers,” said Dale Sohn, president of Samsung Telecommunications America. “Galaxy S III introduces new technological innovation and takes sharing to the next level.”

With the Galaxy S III, Samsung is setting a new standard for smartphones. This device was designed to be lightweight, durable and powerful. The Galaxy S III weighs 4.7 ounces and is 8.6 millimeters thin, making it lighter and sleeker than other leading smartphones, including several competitor models with smaller displays. The brilliant 4.8 inch display extends to an ultra-thin bezel to maximize the viewing area. The Galaxy S III delivers impressive processing power to allow more applications to be accessible simultaneously.

The Galaxy S III goes far beyond content consumption to content sharing. Continuing its history of innovation, Samsung has simplified how consumers share content and control the device with a single touch, through enhanced gesture technology or the simple movement of the eyes.

Sharing Made Simple

The content sharing experience on the Galaxy S III addresses the sharing needs of consumers, whether it’s sharing and editing a presentation with a large group in real-time, sending digital images to several other smartphones at the same time or transferring large files within seconds from one phone to another. Further, these sharing experiences are simple and

• Like 1

Will this phone support HD Voice when all of the NV upgrades are complete? The HTC EVO 4G LTE specifically states it does but this does not. I figure that could be just because it is a carrier specific item. Is there anyway to tell just by looking out the radio bands/specs?

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2301

04 June 2012

Samsung Galaxy S III Comes to Sprint, the Only Wireless Carrier to Offer the Device with Unlimited Data Pricing Plans and Google Wallet Pre-Loaded, on June 21

Pre-order begins June 5 at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 04, 2012 - Sprint (NYSE:S), the only national wireless carrier offering truly unlimited data for all phones while on the Sprint network1, will offer Samsung Galaxy S® III beginning on Thursday, June 21. Manufactured by Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S. and the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide2, Galaxy S III is powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and boasts a brilliant 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network when it launches later this year.

Sprint is the only national U.S. wireless carrier to offer Galaxy S III preloaded with Google Wallet™ enabling the phone to act like a personal wallet using Near Field Communication (NFC) to make safe purchases at more than 100,000 participating retailers.

Samsung Galaxy S III will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales (www.sprint.com). The 32GB version will be available exclusively through Web Sales.

Customers can pre-order the device beginning Tuesday, June 5, at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii. It will be available in two color options – Pebble Blue and Marble White.

“Sprint and Samsung take another leap forward together in bringing our customers the best in mobile technology with Galaxy S III on the Sprint 4G LTE network,” said Fared Adib, vice president – Product Development, Sprint. “Sprint is the only U.S. carrier to offer this device with the simplicity of unlimited data plans. Our customers will appreciate being able to use the robust features and capabilities of this device without worrying about data caps, throttling or silly overage charges.”

Galaxy S III offers the speed of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM for multitasking, amazing graphics and rich HD multimedia content. It also has two cameras – an 8-megapixel rear-facing zero shutter-lag camera with LED flash, 1080p video capture, intelligent camera features and facial recognition and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. New features designed to make the phone easier to use include:

• S Voice™ is the advanced natural language user interface that enables search and basic device-user communication. It can be used to turn the volume up or down on the music player, answer or reject incoming calls, shut off or choose to snooze the alarm clock or take a picture by saying “smile” or “cheese.”
  • Motion simplifies the user experience by understanding the motion of the user. If the user is messaging but decides to call the person instead, they simply lift the phone to the ear and ‘Direct Call’ will dial the phone number. Motion includes quick camera access, missed event alert, double tap to top of list, screen shot, quick pause, quick rotate, turn over to mute, shake to refresh and raise phone to ear to make a call from messaging.
  • Smart Stay uses facial recognition technology and the front-facing camera to identify the user’s eyes. Smart Stay disables screen timeout if the device detects the user’s eyes are looking at the screen. Galaxy S III is “smart” enough to recognize the user is reading an e-book or browsing the web and maintains a bright display for easy viewing.

Galaxy S III also takes sharing to a new level by making it fast and easy to share pictures, videos and presentations between devices or with friends and groups of people.

• S Beam expands on Android Beam™ to enhance device-to-device sharing through NFC technology by adding the ability to share photos, videos, documents and other DRM-free content to Android Beam. This allows a 1GB file to be shared within minutes and a 10MB file within seconds by simply touching another Galaxy S III phone.
  • AllShare®Play allows users to wirelessly connect Galaxy S III to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi®. It also allows the user to remotely access files on up to six Samsung devices.
  • AllShare Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Share Shot allows photos to be easily and simultaneously shared with a group of friends directly from the camera using device-to-device Wi-Fi Direct.

Samsung Galaxy S III customers enjoy an unlimited data experience with Sprint Everything Data plans. Sprint’s Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint Network, starting at just $79.99 per month for smartphones – a savings of $40 per month versus Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and 2GB web, or $10 per month savings versus Verizon’s 450-minute plan with unlimited text and 2GB web (excludes taxes and surcharges).

Sprint announced Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio are expected to have 4G LTE and enhanced 3G service in mid-year 2012. The anticipated launch of these large metropolitan areas demonstrates the continued commitment by Sprint to invest in its network through Network Vision. Sprint customers in these areas should soon enjoy ultra-fast data speeds and improved 3G voice quality. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE rollout, please visit www.sprint.com/4GLTE.

Will this phone support HD Voice when all of the NV upgrades are complete? The HTC EVO 4G LTE specifically states it does but this does not. I figure that could be just because it is a carrier specific item. Is there anyway to tell just by looking out the radio bands/specs?

Good question, I'd like to know too. I did see this in the announcement:

The anticipated launch of these large metropolitan areas demonstrates the continued commitment by Sprint to invest in its network through Network Vision. Sprint customers in these areas should soon enjoy ultra-fast data speeds and improved 3G voice quality.

But I don't know for sure if "improved 3G voice quality" means HD voice or not.

Well, Verizon put up their landing page for GS3 pre-order

http://shop.verizonw...om/?id=galaxys3

They will be accepting preorders on June 6th. I can't imagine that Sprint will be too far behind that date.

Sprint is before them.. They'll start preorders tomorrow for a June 21 delivery.

http://www.sprint.com/galaxysiii

• Like 1

Good question.. pry dont want to distract EVO LTE sales?

Probably. I wonder if there will be any upgrade eligible customers left when the Photon Q and iPhone 5 come out later on... These two phones are going to dominate sales for the summer. Moto should make some kind of RAZR HD MAXX as the follow-up to the photon. Maybe throw a physical keyboard on it...

• Like 2

Probably. I wonder if there will be any upgrade eligible customers left when the Photon Q and iPhone 5 come out later on... These two phones are going to dominate sales for the summer. Moto should make some kind of RAZR HD MAXX as the follow-up to the photon. Maybe throw a physical keyboard on it...

That would be a sweet phone, and would compliment Sprints Android lineup well... About the only thing they're missing now is a high-end device with a physical KB.

Sprint is before them.. They'll start preorders tomorrow for a June 21 delivery.

http://www.sprint.com/galaxysiii

Lets just hope that say by June 18th that the SGS3 phones doesn't get stopped by customs because they infringe on some bogus Apple patent and cause a delay like the Evo 4G LTE.

• Like 3

Placed my preorder this morning. 32GB in Pebble Blue. Part of me is afraid that if there are delays, it might be only a certain size or certain color. But I've rolled the dice. My thinking is that 32GB will be less popular and maybe they will have less trouble with the preorders.

There was no mention of delivery date, shipping info or launch date in the order pages.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Does anyone know if regular GS3 cases gonna work with the sprint version, phone seems to be the same.

I have a feeling that the sprint version will be different because sprint is the only carrier out of five that is holding Press conference to release the phone.

Samsung has made it a point that the Sprint version is NOT physically different from the others. It would be lovely if Sprint had a black version (AT&T is getting a red one), but probably not going to happen.

In any event, cases will be available without any issue.

As a side note, I looked up the dimensions of this phone and compared it to the Palm T|X I used to carry around. The SIII is longer, but narrower by about three-eighths of an inch and a heck of a lot thinner, compared to my old PDA (which I replaced functionally with the HTC Mogul in 2007). So, while the thing's definitely a monstor, it looks like it will still be somewhat pocketable :)

I had a pebble blue Samsung a long time ago and loved the color. I almost think black is getting overdone. I think it's cool that it comes in 2 colors off the bat and that they shunned the base black...

Nowadays, it seems like color is irrelevant because everyone slaps cases on their phones anyway...

• Like 3

Placed my preorder this morning. 32GB in Pebble Blue. Part of me is afraid that if there are delays, it might be only a certain size or certain color. But I've rolled the dice. My thinking is that 32GB will be less popular and maybe they will have less trouble with the preorders.

There was no mention of delivery date, shipping info or launch date in the order pages.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Where did you see the 32 GB option I did not see it on Sprints website?

I see it now I assumed it would just be an option on the page.

I had a pebble blue Samsung a long time ago and loved the color. I almost think black is getting overdone. I think it's cool that it comes in 2 colors off the bat and that they shunned the base black...

Nowadays' date=' it seems like color is irrelevant because everyone slaps cases on their phones anyway...[/quote']

There are clear cases for people to show off their pretty phones! :)

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Where did you see the 32 GB option I did not see it on Sprints website?

I see it now I assumed it would just be an option on the page.

I couldn't order from the pre order screen because it would not let me select the correct line to upgrade. It defaulted to the wrong account and an error page popped up when I tried to change it to the correct line.

I called the number listed on the pre order page and they told me to sign in to my account like normal. Then go to my account, where it list all your lines/devices. Select the line you want to upgrade and choose upgrade this device in the drop down menu.

When you do this, all of the devices available for order appear, including the Galaxy S3 in white and pebble blue in 16GB or 32GB. 199 or 249.

You can proceed with order and payment from there.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Here is my email:

Dear ROBERT HERRON,

The Sprint items listed below from your order are either on pre-order or temporarily out of stock:

If you pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S III, we’ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21 and we’ll send you an email the second it ships. For more information and the latest updates on pre-orders please visit www.sprint.com/preorder.

Order Line Details

----------------------------------

Product Details: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB Blue

Quantity: 1

SKU: SPHL710KBB

Promotion Code:

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will ship any items that are out of stock immediately after they are received at our warehouse.

You may view the status of your order by visiting www.sprint.com/myorder. Simply enter your order number oy-shso-XXxXXXXXX and click 'go' to verify the status and to track your shipment.

Should you have any questions regarding your order, you can contact us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer service possible. We thank you for your interest in Sprint and look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you for your business, Sprint Order Support

Please retain a copy of this email for your records.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1