Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

On 1/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, Grabber5.0 said:

Wow, that's the fastest I've seen down yet. I know I've gotten over 100 on this 5X, but nothing close to 190!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Indeed - I have seen 120's on my local home tower on b41, but I have never seen over that.  I nearly crapped my pants when i saw it in the 190's!  :o

On 1/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, shaferz said:

Indeed - I have seen 120's on my local home tower on b41, but I have never seen over that.  I nearly crapped my pants when i saw it in the 190's!  :o

The bottom 3 results were also at O'Hare H Concourse, on Thursday morning. Very impressive, especially since they were on my aging GS7. 

(The top 3 were in Las Vegas, but that's another story for another thread.) 

Screenshot_20180120-070657.png

Edited by tommym65
Correction
  • Like 3

It's so strange how differently the rsrq and rsrp are calculated. I have never seen, at least on the Android phones I have owned an rsrp less than -128db. If it's that low usually my phone gives up and switches to evdo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, tongboy said:

It's so strange how differently the rsrq and rsrp are calculated. I have never seen, at least on the Android phones I have owned an rsrp less than -128db. If it's that low usually my phone gives up and switches to evdo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That’s bad data.  The iPhone’s field test app is not generally reliable or accurate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RAvirani said:

That’s bad data.  The iPhone’s field test app is not generally reliable or accurate. 

It’s a shame they didn’t develop the field test app more. Hopefully the Intel version is better in the future! :D

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mhammett said:

https://www.cellmapper.net/testmap/map/310/120/LTE?lat=41.954192385285396&lng=-88.73004913330078&z=15

Any thoughts on site 517309? There is a tower there with multiple carriers, but it's not a legacy site and doesn't appear to be an active Sprint site any longer.

Not sure what you're asking. That site still has a valid Sprint ID.

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Not sure what you're asking. That site still has a valid Sprint ID.

I misread the site. I thought it said that the last seen was in 2016, therefore assuming it was offline. It has the last seen in December, so likely I just haven't had CellMapper on when driving past there since then.

I drove by today and it was there. I didn't visually confirm the equipment on the tower, but all indications are that's where it is. There's a small cell EARFCN in the vicinity and I haven't figured out where that was. It could be at the Sprint store that's near there.

5 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

Wow, those are unattractive. Do other parts of Chicago have rules about how these are supposed to look that go beyond "make it the same color as the pole it's on"?

6 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

Thanks for the pics! Sprint’s small cell is the black antenna piece sticking out of the top of the light pole, correct?

I’ve been seeing more of the cantenna’s similar to the one a bit lower on the pole, near me. Do you know whom those belong to?

23 minutes ago, WuTang03 said:

Thanks for the pics! Sprint’s small cell is the black antenna piece sticking out of the top of the light pole, correct?

I’ve been seeing more of the cantenna’s similar to the one a bit lower on the pole, near me. Do you know whom those belong to?

All of it is Sprint..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WuTang03 said:

Thanks for all the help :)

This is one that I have seen recently as well. I don’t think it’s Sprint, though. Verizon? 423a286c48d3e7a9de0a3bf60f34ff8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

Take a look here to get a better look at what Sprint Airharmony small cells look like...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Nope.

Take a look here to get a better look at what Sprint Airharmony small cells look like...

Appreciate it! Looks like I’ve been driving by it and not even noticing ?‍♂️ I’ll be on the lookout for more. 

6 hours ago, WuTang03 said:

Thanks for all the help :)

This is one that I have seen recently as well. I don’t think it’s Sprint, though. Verizon?

Yes, that is likely a Verizon or AT&T small cell. The Sprint ones use a skinnier antenna at top, along with a relay antenna lower down the pole like in the images that Mr Nuke linked to. All of the equipment that was attached to those light poles is part of the Sprint small cell. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help [emoji4]

This is one that I have seen recently as well. I don’t think it’s Sprint, though. Verizon? 423a286c48d3e7a9de0a3bf60f34ff8b.jpg

That's a Verizon node setup for B2/4/5/13. T-Mobile often goes on those same poles with Verizon using Nokia Flexi Zones.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, gusherb said:

That's a Verizon node setup for B2/4/5/13. T-Mobile often goes on those same poles with Verizon using Nokia Flexi Zones.

Thanks for the help! I'll be on the lookout for new Sprint small cells around town :)