Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Yep started suddenly here too. Was there a resolution? How did you notify sprint of the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Vince was talking with someone. I got to him him credit for being the first one to track down what the issue was.

That said, I'm sure someone in the know has an idea of the problem. It was pretty wide spread and made streaming video or audio very tough.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think Vince was talking with someone. I got to him him credit for being the first one to track down what the issue was.

That said, I'm sure someone in the know has an idea of the problem. It was pretty wide spread and made streaming video or audio very tough.

I emailed Marci on Monday, and some senior VP of networking called me 15 minutes later. They're calling me once a day, and unfortunately, I'm missing the call because I've been training all week for a new job. I would suggest you all email Marci@Sprint.com. It's really getting annoying only having data for brief periods of time through the day, and I've resorted to just turning off LTE. What we need to do is see if it's a device issue, or a network issue. We need a confirmed Android report to make it a network problem, otherwise, it looks like Sprint may have broken us again with one of their fabulous carrier bundles or something.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

I emailed Marci on Monday, and some senior VP of networking called me 15 minutes later. They're calling me once a day, and unfortunately, I'm missing the call because I've been training all week for a new job. I would suggest you all email Marci@Sprint.com. It's really getting annoying only having data for brief periods of time through the day, and I've resorted to just turning off LTE. What we need to do is see if it's a device issue, or a network issue. We need a confirmed Android report to make it a network problem, otherwise, it looks like Sprint may have broken us again with one of their fabulous carrier bundles or something.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Based on how bad your data sounds it is probably a combination device and network issue. I have seen my device lose data when it tries to connect to the second carrier on band 41, after that it fairly quickly recovers to evdo. It's possible that the m8 my wife and I have recover from the error a bit more gracefully then the 6s, and my phone doesn't hop back up to lte as fast as the 6s. I also haven't seen the second carrier in some time so I am not experiencing the problem.

I'm having a hard time trying to think of a way to tell this to someone without getting technical and going over the head of whoever I am talking to. Vince, can you PM me your case number or whatever identifying information you have?

Well, I just had it happen again twice. According to signalcheck I was on the first carrier on band 41. Here were the screen shots -

uploadfromtaptalk1452266217550.pnguploadfromtaptalk1452266224797.pnguploadfromtaptalk1452266231311.pnguploadfromtaptalk1452266237849.pnguploadfromtaptalk1452266243882.png

So it just happened to me again, and this time I checked the field test before resetting the data and noticed that I was already on band 26, so maybe it's possible that the problem is with the b26 carrier and not the b41? I'm not sure if this mirrors what others are seeing, but I do think I had read in the Nebraska market thread that the 2nd b26 (or maybe it was 25, I can't remember) were coming online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it just happened to me again, and this time I checked the field test before resetting the data and noticed that I was already on band 26, so maybe it's possible that the problem is with the b26 carrier and not the b41? I'm not sure if this mirrors what others are seeing, but I do think I had read in the Nebraska market thread that the 2nd b26 (or maybe it was 25, I can't remember) were coming online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no second Band 26. Must have been 25.

I finally spoke to sprint support this afternoon, and as expected, the response was canned bullsh*t that makes zero sense. Something about a software update to the Chicago market with an unknown resolution date. According to the rep, they did this to Colorado, and now it's rolling through the Midwest. Take that how you want, but I think something is broken, and they can't figure it out because it's been going on for weeks. I guess I'll wait this one out on 3G.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I finally spoke to sprint support this afternoon, and as expected, the response was canned bullsh*t that makes zero sense. Something about a software update to the Chicago market with an unknown resolution date. According to the rep, they did this to Colorado, and now it's rolling through the Midwest. Take that how you want, but I think something is broken, and they can't figure it out because it's been going on for weeks. I guess I'll wait this one out on 3G.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

The no date is BS, but unless I'm not reading something right it was a software change to the infrastructure that caused it, and they have a software fix for the bug introduced they are gradually rolling out across the country. Did I not read something correctly?

If this is the case what a huge bug to be missed by Ericsson.

The no date is BS, but unless I'm not reading something right it was a software change to the infrastructure that caused it, and they have a software fix for the bug introduced they are gradually rolling out across the country. Did I not read something correctly?

If this is the case what a huge bug to be missed by Ericsson.

I forgot to mention that he said the new thing they're upgrading my local tower to is called "LTE+." I don't know what that means since r every tower over here has Sprint band 41 with 2 carriers--aggregated, and faster backhaul. Not sure what else they can be doing.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that he said the new thing they're upgrading my local tower to is called "LTE+." I don't know what that means since r every tower over here has Sprint band 41 with 2 carriers--aggregated, and faster backhaul. Not sure what else they can be doing.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Replacing the Huewei clear panels?

• 2 weeks later...

Sent from my iPhone 6s

You still waiting it out on 3G?

Hi guys, I'm in Nebraska but I posted this question in the sponsors forum for NE and someone said they thought they remembered someone complaining about this issue here, anyone having this problem?

Anyone else been having this issue lately? For about the past 2 weeks my iPhone 6s Plus will be connected to b41, then randomly it completely drops the LTE connection (Just shows sprint in the top left, no LTE, no 3G), then it connects back to b25, but no data will flow. If I open Ping and try to ping, the network spinner will spin, but I have no traffic flowing. I have to toggle airplane mode, then things are fine for awhile until it happens again. I've submitted network tickets with the sprint zone, and also confirmed other people in my office on sprint are having similar issues so I don't think it's just my phone. Anyone know of anything happening in Lincoln that could be causing this? For weeks and weeks b41 was rock solid stable, now it's not. =/

My phone does that too every once and a while in certain areas in Southern California- same exact thing

It's been a week or so since I last had the data issues. I even connected to the second carrier in band 41 and data continued to work fine. Maybe the fix is rolling out?

It's been a week or so since I last had the data issues. I even connected to the second carrier in band 41 and data continued to work fine. Maybe the fix is rolling out?

Have you seen any band 25 on 10×10 bandwidth?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

You still waiting it out on 3G?

Sorry for the delayed response, but to answer your question: no. I've moved my wife and I to the AT&T unlimited data plan.

As a truck driver, I need reliable data at all times, and this intermittent data problem was screwing me with gps, and emails from my company, and enough was enough.

I called sprint, and the best they could do was submit some kind of network trouble ticket that had a resolution time of 10-14 business days. That was unacceptable to me. I've been on AT&T for a week, haven't had a data drop yet, and haven't even seen "4G" displayed once--a truly rock solid network in terms of signal.

It's both sad and disappointing to have waited out sprint for years, let them build this monster network here, and then break it again. The phone calls and texts from family about this problem were getting annoying, and being the family "iPhone/Sprint-know-it-all," naturally, they bitched at me instead of Sprint.

Not having to worry about pocket 3G, and when my provider will drop a carrier bundle that will break phones is wonderful--something I haven't felt in years.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Sorry for the delayed response, but to answer your question: no. I've moved my wife and I to the AT&T unlimited data plan.

As a truck driver, I need reliable data at all times, and this intermittent data problem was screwing me with gps, and emails from my company, and enough was enough.

I called sprint, and the best they could do was submit some kind of network trouble ticket that had a resolution time of 10-14 business days. That was unacceptable to me. I've been on AT&T for a week, haven't had a data drop yet, and haven't even seen "4G" displayed once--a truly rock solid network in terms of signal.

It's both sad and disappointing to have waited out sprint for years, let them build this monster network here, and then break it again. The phone calls and texts from family about this problem were getting annoying, and being the family "iPhone/Sprint-know-it-all," naturally, they bitched at me instead of Sprint.

Not having to worry about pocket 3G, and when my provider will drop a carrier bundle that will break phones is wonderful--something I haven't felt in years.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

It's a shame that they build a great new network and then can't seem to keep it going smoothly. I wonder if that has anything to do with Ericsson? 

yeah 

Sent from my iPhone 6

yeah that att "unlimited" is a very attractive offer for u-verse and direct tv customers especialy if you have 3 or more lines... i think this is the first step in zero ratting u-verse and direct tv app for all wireless customers. 

• 4 weeks later...

There appears to be some sort of outage in the NW burbs. I noticed it driving through Barrington and Palatine, and it continues into Schaumburg as I was heading down IL 53. Anyone else noticing issues?

Sounds bad. Hopefully it'll get resolved soon. Schaumburg is an excellent area for Sprint. When I had Sprint driving around there, always got a great signal with band 41, even during rush hour. Was twice as good as T-Mobile's signal there during the same time frame.