22 LTE Comunities?

AJames25

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 14 January 2012

Has anyone else noticed that the description for Sprint's LTE landing page (Yahoo search "Sprint LTE") now says 22 communities by the first half of the year? Last I saw officially was 10 with 4 cities being announced already. Another typo or is Sprint building a lot more aggressively than they are letting on?

It can go either way.

Sprint did say that they would be under-promising and over-delivering(at least in regards to speeds).

But they did also make errors before on that page.

I tried it out and saw "

Sprint

will launch 4G

LTE

in 22 communities in the first half of 2012. Find out where it launches first and check out 4G

LTE

devices coming to

Sprint

." under the link, but when I clicked the link, it went to the regular 4G LTE page where they have the 3 announced devices but no further information on the markets that will be rolling out LTE. I hope they have something in the works where you can search for your area and see when/if it is coming to your area. I even tried going to the cached page, but that was the same page as the current one.

Remember that the first cities announced were all Ericsson cities. We haven't heard the Samsung and AlcaLu cities yet. Stay tuned.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 21 January 2012

Sprint recently ask my city for permission replace the ground equipment and actual tower that my phone calls home and the other one located in my small suburb northwest of Chicago

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 21 January 2012

It's a good thing for Sprint (regarding Network Vision) that its decommissioning towers identified as overcapacity and retrofitting existing ones. Getting local approval for new towers is a pain. Perhaps these new microcells will have better luck in getting approved, especially in dense areas.

I read somewhere that stated Sprint will be ushering LTE on the current Wimax cities throughout 2012 and they are doing it rather quickly. But damn if I can't find that article.

We wrote a quick blurb about this subject back in October. There is a slide that Sprint has shown all over the place that say they will covering 123 Million Americans with LTE by the end of 2012. Leaving 67M people in WiMax areas and 56M in Non-WiMax areas. Sounds like they are going to be mixing it up.

S4GRU Article: http://s4gru.spruz.c...-first/blog.htm

big_2011122718174952.jpg

If you are able to find the article, post the link. Thanks!

Has anyone else noticed that the description for Sprint's LTE landing page (Yahoo search "Sprint LTE") now says 22 communities by the first half of the year? Last I saw officially was 10 with 4 cities being announced already. Another typo or is Sprint building a lot more aggressively than they are letting on?

What Sprint did was imbed the 22 communities into the metadata for the LTE landing page. I'm sure that they intend to rollout LTE faster than they will tell people to make customers happy. I'm sure hoping that, anyway.

When you visit the landing page for LTE, right click on the page and click on 'View Page Source' (if using Firefox), and the 5th line down says: "meta name="description" content". That is where they put that line of code that shows up in yahoo and google searches for Sprint LTE.