Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

Muffinman is 100% correct. Wimax upload speeds have always been capped, evdo, or 3G is administered by sprint, not Clearwire, which is why there is a different ratio of upload to download.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Muffinman is 100% correct. Wimax upload speeds have always been capped, evdo, or 3G is administered by sprint, not Clearwire, which is why there is a different ratio of upload to download.

no, you need to re-read sir, HE GOT A 1.21 GIGAWATT UPLOAD SPEED DURING WIMAX DEPLOYMENT... dont argue with him, his uncle probably works for sprint.

• Like 5

no, you need to re-read sir, HE GOT A 1.21 GIGAWATT UPLOAD SPEED DURING WIMAX DEPLOYMENT... dont argue with him, his uncle probably works for sprint.

I almost choked on a twix when I read this. LOL

• Like 1

Are there any LTE sites live on the Southside?

You're a sponsor so you should be able to check the sponsor thread for yourself but yeah, there are several on the southside that are live but you may not actually be able to connect to it yet though.

Read and follow this link:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/909-sprint-lte-may-2012-schedule-maps/

Awesome, I wish my uncle worked for sprint! LMAO

I thought you were getting the iPhone!

Probably next year. I couldn't pass up $20 for a chance at an LTE fix next weekend.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

Probably next year. I couldn't pass up $20 for a chance at an LTE fix next weekend.

You just got a Viper LTE and I still see "Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner?" :badidea:

You just got a Viper LTE and I still see "Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner?" :badidea:

Yeah, well something went wrong with my phones activation so it's stuck on 1xRTT right now.

You guys are too funny. :lol:

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Sprint says there is an issue around the Visalia area, and that once fixed, it will fix my data problems. However, I can make and receive calls, so wrong on that guy. I'm taking it to the store so the techs can fight with it tomorrow.

You're a sponsor so you should be able to check the sponsor thread for yourself but yeah, there are several on the southside that are live but you may not actually be able to connect to it yet though.

Read and follow this link:

http://s4gru.com/ind...-schedule-maps/

I forgot to update my post. I became a sponsor after I asked the question. Sorry about that.

It appears the tower closest to me is not a NV site. The closest NV tower is about 3 miles from my home. I hope I get good LTE speeds when I get my new phone the beginning of June.

I hope there's towers up near the McDonough,GA area (south part of the Atlanta Area)

Looking forward to getting a new phone soonish and almost 100% it'll be a LTE phone... (more then likely the Galaxy S3 if we get it)

I forgot to update my post. I became a sponsor after I asked the question. Sorry about that.

It appears the tower closest to me is not a NV site. The closest NV tower is about 3 miles from my home. I hope I get good LTE speeds when I get my new phone the beginning of June.

What's a NV site?

Not sure if non sponsor can find this out but do you know where exactly The NV Tower is?

What's a NV site?

Not sure if non sponsor can find this out but do you know where exactly The NV Tower is?

Network Vision is Sprint's project name to upgrade nearly every existing Sprint site with new antennas, radio units, and new backhaul in order to light up the entire network with LTE and enhance 3G data speeds. Depending on where you live you may be in a 1st or 2nd round market and Sprint will upgrade your area this year. If not and you are in a 3rd or 4th round market, then you will have to wait until next year before construction begins.

Network Vision is Sprint's project name to upgrade nearly every existing Sprint site with new antennas, radio units, and new backhaul in order to light up the entire network with LTE and enhance 3G data speeds. Depending on where you live you may be in a 1st or 2nd round market and Sprint will upgrade your area this year. If not and you are in a 3rd or 4th round market, then you will have to wait until next year before construction begins.

Cool TY

I live in McDonough,GA which ~30 miles from Atlanta...

Then you are in luck being in a 1st round market. :)

Neat.

Now just to hope the phone I'd like to get (Galaxy S3) comes out in soon...

Keep seeing on sites they claim something about June 1st but seeing it hasn't been confirmed from Samsung or Sprint I'm sure it's just speculation.

Although if Pre-order is June 1st that still would be nice :)

Neat.

Now just to hope the phone I'd like to get (Galaxy S3) comes out in soon...

Keep seeing on sites they claim something about June 1st but seeing it hasn't been confirmed from Samsung or Sprint I'm sure it's just speculation.

Although if Pre-order is June 1st that still would be nice :)

You might be waiting until fall for the next phone release though. According to this article the next LTE phone release is tentatively scheduled for a fall release. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-170-new-flagship-4g-lte-device-in-sprint-lenexa-labs-for-testing/

I hope there's towers up near the McDonough,GA area (south part of the Atlanta Area)

Looking forward to getting a new phone soonish and almost 100% it'll be a LTE phone... (more then likely the Galaxy S3 if we get it)

there are 2 towers live in McDonough. There is 1 on Racetrack Rd, i think it's near City Walk. the other is on Hwy 81 east of town I think.

You might be waiting until fall for the next phone release though. According to this article the next LTE phone release is tentatively scheduled for a fall release. http://s4gru.com/ind...bs-for-testing/

An interesting read.

I came across this in that link. I'd like to find the actual Samsung keynote they talking about to read but until then I'll take what they said has potential fact.

Either way I'm really curious what this "supposable" June announcement should be.

I read somewhere (again speculation will try to find link later) that the June might be reference to the unlocked version of it...if that makes any sense <_<

In the Keynote Samsung wasn't specific as to what specifically was happening in June in regards to the S3. I sure hope it's a June availability too... But I expect they are referring to a June announced/pre-order.

samsung has already said in their keynote they are bringing the S3 to the US in June. They dont want another S2 debacle where the US receives the device 6 months later, especially if they want to compete with Apple and the iPhone

With the GS3, a few possibilities come to mind:

A. It could be the NDA 105 in the schedule above. And thus would launch in September, maybe, plausibly as soon as August.
Heck, the EVO beat the schedule by approx. 3 weeks.

B. It could be tested outside of Sprint labs (like Apple products), and thus not even on the schedule. If this is the case, it may release as soon as June. This is plausible because it may be the GS3 that received WiFi certification so far in advance.

C. Another possibility is that the GS3 was not yet on the lab schedule at all as of April 11th, but has since appeared. And if that's the case, maybe an expedited review will occur. So if it was slated to start lab testing as early as May 1, then the device may be on the market as soon as July 15th. If it flies through with no issues.

I would love an update to the schedule. ;)

Robert

Edited by Darkzeru